Day 1: Dar Es Salaam to Mikumi National Park
Depart Dar early morning to Mikumi, on arrival lunch at the camp, afternoon game drive. Dinner and overnight Vuma Hills Tented Camp Vuma Hills Tented Camp is perched above the trees stretching over the seemingly endless wilderness south west of Mikumi National Park located approximately 4 hours by car from Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. Mikumi National Park 3,230 km² area adjoin the larger Selous Game Reserve and its abundant wildlife of the Mkata Floodplain is often compared to the Serengeti.
Vuma Hills Tented Camp common areas consist of a dining lounge and fully stocked bar area adjacent to a dining room with amazing views of the plains.
Day 2: In Mikumi National Park
Full day game drive in Mikumi or two half day game drive
Whilst on safari, you can see a rich variety of bird species, as well as large numbers of giraffe, buffalo and elephants. If you are lucky you may also be able to spot lions, leopards and African wild dogs. Likely to be seen animals include zebras, hippos, hartebeest, wildebeest, impala, warthog, eland and antelope. Several observation towers enable you to overview the park in its entirety.
Day 3: Transfer from Mikumi to Dar Es Salaam
After breakfast, short game drive in the park, and then drive back to Dar arriving late in the afternoon.
- Government imposed increase of park fees and/or taxes
- Park fees (for non-residents)
- All activities (unless labeled as optional)
- Meals (as specified in the day-by-day section)
- Drinking water (on all days)
- All accommodation (unless listed as upgrade)
- Roundtrip airport transfer
- A professional driver/guide
- All transportation (unless labeled as optional)
- All Taxes/VAT
- Accommodation on the day before the tour departs
- Accommodation on the last day
- International flights (from/to home)
- Tips (tipping guideline US$10.00 pp per day)
- Personal items (souvenirs, travel insurance, visa fees, etc.)